Jeanne Broadbent, Recreation Director
Staci Irwin, Asst. Director
COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE
School year 2017 / 2018 Registration is now underway.
- 2017/18 Pre K registration packet
- 2107-18 First Time On My Own registration form (ages 3-4 Must be 3 by Oct 1)
A special Thanksgiving Market will be held held on November 19th from 10a-3p
Be advised that we do not have any openings for farm produce at this time. We are seeking craft vendors, candles, unique food vendors, air plants, homemade confections.
FALL 2017 RECREATION CLASSES, PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Registration opens for Fall Classes on Friday August 18th
Breakfast with Santa December 2, 2017
Tickets go on sale Nov. 1 in the Recreation Department Office
$10.00 for Adults $9 for Children Free for Infants 24 month and under
Office hours are Monday through Friday 9 – 4pm and Monday Evenings 5 – 7pm
Tickets are limited and not available at the door!
Bring your Camera- Santa will be available for pictures – Gift – Breakfast
SENIOR PROGRAMS / ADULT TRIPS
Please be advised that Adult Basketball has been canceled for the remainder of the school year.
YOUTH SPORT LEAGUE NEWS
- 2017 Spring Barnegat Youth Sports League contact list
- Barnegat Boys Basketball Registration flier
- Barnegat Girls Basketball Registration flier
SUMMER CLASSES AND SPECIALTY CAMPS
MEADOWEDGE RECREATION & EDUCATION CENTER
The center is located at 550 E Bay Ave.
For more information on renting the building call Jeanne Broadbent609-698-0080 x122
COUNTY PARK INFORMATION
- Barnegat Rail Trail
- Cloverdale Farm County Park in Barnegat
- Throughout the year, the Recreation Department schedules many special events such as the following: Please note that the 2017 Breakfast with the Easter Bunny has been canceled due to lack of interest.
Barnegat Parks & Playgrounds
All parks are scheduled to be updated in 2017
- Project Playground on Bengal Blvd. – closed until Late Spring of 2017 (Awaiting the installation of the Covered Pavillion)
- Beverly Drive (Pebble Beach Section of Barnegat) – New t-swings, playground structure for ages 2-12 and Basketball courts resurfaced and new rubber mulch installed
- Bowline/Bilge Basketball – Courts resurfaced – playground equipment removed and moved to the Village Dr Park
- Village Drive – Basketball Courts Resurfaced; – playground equipment added from Bilge Park and new rubber mulch installed
- Georgetown Boulevard – Swings painted and repaired; old playground equipment removed and replaced with playground structure for ages 2-12 and new rubber mulch installed
- First Street – Walking trail added around the perimeter of the park, Adult Fitness equipment installed; swings & rubber mulch installed. Removal of old playground structures. (2018 addition of a basketball court)
- SKATE PARK – SITE WORK WILL BEGIN IN LATE MAY COMPLETION DATE TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR JULY 1.
Barnegat Youth Sports Complexes
Lower Shore Road Sport Complex
38 Old Lower Shore Rd – Cross Street Rte 9
Home of Barnegat Jr Bengals;
Barnegat Youth Lacrosse
Barnegat Girls Softball
Barnegat Little League / Youth Soccer Complex
1001 Barnegat Blvd. North
Home of Barnegat Little League
Barnegat Soccer Club
Alliance FC of Barnegat Travel Soccer
- Ocean County Parks Railway Walking Trail
Barnegat Community Center
A Township Community Center is available to any non-profit group for meetings and fund raising events. Contact the Recreation Office for booking information. 609-698-0080 x130 or 122